Western Subterranean Termite
Western Subterranean Termite in Anaheim, CA and Surrounding Areas
Subterranean termites are the most destructive kind of termites. There are many factors and conditions that make it easier for termites to gain access to your home. Upon a complete termite inspection of your home, your termite inspector will advise you of any conditions that make your home conducive to current or future subterranean termite infestations.
Subterranean termite colonies can have as many as 2 million members. Because they need a moist environment to survive, typically these termites live underground in the soil and they build mud tubes to travel to food sources. If the moisture content of the wood is 20% or more, they can survive in the wood without returning to the ground. Food sources can include wood, cardboard, wallpaper, trees, and some fabrics.
During Spring, with a combination of warm weather and wet soil from recent rains, groups of reproductive termites (winged kings and queens) from established colonies fly off in large numbers to start new colonies. In addition to normal swarm cycles, other environmental conditions can trigger a termite swarm such as lack of food supply, water, or application of pesticides. Subterranean termites usually swarm during daylight hours.
Our preferred method for subterranean termite treatment is an undetectable treatment by the termites that they cannot see, smell, taste, or avoid. The termites continue their normal routine while they come in contact with the treatment and spread the treatment within the colony like a disease. This process is called the “transfer effect.”
Subterranean Termite Treatment
There are a number of very effective chemicals available to our industry to eliminate and control subterranean termites. Subterranean temite location will determine the chemical that should be used and the method of which the chemical is applied.
If your termite inspection reveals that your home has subterranean termites, depending upon the specifics to your infestation, the following methods are available:
- TRENCH & TREAT
- PRESSURE TREAT
- INJECTION OR SURFACE TREATMENT
4.) Trust Our Expert Carpenters to Repair Your Home
- A-1 Bonded Termite, Inc. has a dedicated team of professionals that can repair wood damage caused by termites and dry-rot. Our expert carpenters will repair your home, business, or rental property with attention to detail and commitment to excellence. Our team specializes in termite and dry-rot wood repairs and knows how to correct the condition as well as take necessary precautions to prevent future infestations and damage.
- In real estate transactions when a clearance is required, it is usually best to have one company perform all of the work. There are occasions when a homeowner or contractor will perform the work and a re-inspection will be necessary to provide the necessary clearance. To avoid unnecessary frustration and delays, it is best to have the person performing the work contact the inspector for clarification of the necessary work to be performed.
5.) Annual Maintenance Plan
Our homes are our greatest investment and termites can go years undetected. Why not give yourself the peace of mind knowing that a trained professional will inspect your home annually. Our yearly low cost maintenance plan will detect infestations early and we will treat them while in accessible areas. Each year you can expect the following:
- Reminder call at your anniversary date to schedule your annual inspection
- Complete annual inspection of the structure
- Locally treat any detected infestations of wood destroying pests
- The inspector will discuss any issues pertaining to your structure such as wood repairs, moisture conditions, earth to wood contact, and moisture conditions (correcting any of these conditions is not included in the maintenance contract).
- There is never a charge for standard service calls between inspections – in you have a termite concern, please call us. We are always here to assist you.
- The annual maintenance contract is renewable annually within 30 days of the anniversary date.
- Preferred Customer Pricing on any necessary conditions to your home such as wood repairs, fumigation, etc.
JOB WELL DONE
This is my second time using A-1. Wind blew open the tarp cover. I contacted A-1 and they were out to fix and re-gas without any impact to the schedule. I will use them again.
Great Customer Service
I had a problem with termites and called A1 bond. They were very friendly and responded quickly by sending a crew out to assess and fix the problem. They treated the termites, replaced some dry rot wood and repaired the stucco where the wood was exposed. I couldn’t have asked for more. The price was very reasonable for the work they did.
5 star service from every person! I highly recommend A-1 Bonded!
I have worked with A-1 Bonded since about 2003. As a Realtor in OC I have worked with them during transactions where I represent buyers and sellers. They are meticulous in their inspections and excellent in their work. I also use them for our personal homes and commercial buildings. From the people in the office to the guys in the field they are professional, great to work with and do a great job.
Would absolutely recommend to everyone!
The whole experience was stress free. The guys did a superb job, were friendly, and knew exactly what they were doing. The trim that was replaced and painted looks great. Thank you so much for making this a painless experience.
Professional, competent, friendly service
I was referred to A-1 Bonded Termite service from a friend who had used them in the past. After getting bids for termite treatment and wood repair from a few companies, I decided A-1 Bonded was best for our job. During inspection, Geoff explained what he was looking for and methods to resolve the findings. He and the other workmen for our job promptly showed up to our appointment times and completed the work as promised - quick and efficient. I felt like our home was in competent hands from the inspection to the work performed to remedy our termite problems and dry rot issues.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
- A+ Rating With the BBB
- California License #: PR4986